2018-12-13: Provider mandated maintenance on the search server will begin 2018-12-14 UTC-0 09:30-10:30, and may require the search to be powered off from 03:00-15:00.
Year-end planned maintenance on the full image server to replace degraded parity drive is also suggested by the Tetrarchy for 12-28 to 1-06, TBA. Donations would still help in case of image storage failure and we still need a new scraper.
The server is stable, but the scraper is at its final limits due to crippling resource use and cloudflare limits, so /gif/ and /wsg/ images are paused. Let's solve this: help build a new scraper. More details here.
Ghostposting is under extreme vetting by new moderators to mitigate spam. Crackspamming or responding to any is a bannable offense.
[12 / 2 / ?]

Adpocalypse

No.3231 View ViewReplyReportDelete
I'm surprised there isn't a thread about this
So around the 19 of the last december hiroshimoot decided to add new third party ads and a script that kills the site's CSS if you block them.
Rumors of malware and cryptomining ran amok but so far none has been confirmed or dismissed properly. And updating your adblock is always recommended.
Out of this a group of fa/g/s are developing a dedicated desktop 4chan browser https://github.com/siavash119/qtchan I still have to try it.
Personally I abandoned 4chan and decided to get a life but 4chan's shadow still looms over me.