2018-10-04: Search server active for recent posts, rebuilding for older posts. DesuArchive & RBT restored after host's storage had a 2nd SAN hiccup on 9/24. No damage, but posts need import from the contingency scraper. Many thanks to our new tetrarchy of sysadmins who worked to fix this complex service after the loss of the original admin. More info later. Donations would still help in case of image storage failure and we still need a new scraper.
The server is stable, but the scraper is at its final limits due to crippling resource use and cloudflare limits, so /gif/ and /wsg/ images are paused. Let's solve this: help build a new scraper. More details here.
Ghostposting is under extreme vetting by new moderators to mitigate spam. Crackspamming or responding to any is a bannable offense.
[22 / 9 / ?]

John Carpenter's The Tabletop Game

No.57963015 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I'm hoping to run a horror one-shot based off The Thing for my group of players.
>be on space ship hurtling through void
>find something of possible alien design
>bring it on board
>shape shifter escapes
>terror
You know the drill. I'm thinking of using Unisystem for it (All Flesh Must Be Eaten) as that's the best system I know for ease of use, lots of options, and lethality.
Though I'm sorta stuck on how to keep the paranoia of players possibly being impersonated by the shape shifter when they meet (NPCs are easy). I'm thinking of when two or more PC's are in a general area I hand each of them a slip of paper with either "you are yourself" or "you are the Thing *insert goal*" written on it. If they get the latter when meeting with someone then they can try to lure them into letting their guard down, finding out about other survivors, etc. Completion of the goal or the possibility of being found out and I will take over and transform the character into the Thing. Of course this has its flaws. So straight to the point - what are /tg/'s suggestions for handling this? Ideas, better systems, ways to keep paranoia, etc