2018-10-04: Search server active for recent posts, rebuilding for older posts. DesuArchive & RBT restored after host's storage had a 2nd SAN hiccup on 9/24. No damage, but posts need import from the contingency scraper. Many thanks to our new tetrarchy of sysadmins who worked to fix this complex service after the loss of the original admin. More info later. Donations would still help in case of image storage failure and we still need a new scraper.
The server is stable, but the scraper is at its final limits due to crippling resource use and cloudflare limits, so /gif/ and /wsg/ images are paused. Let's solve this: help build a new scraper. More details here.
Ghostposting is under extreme vetting by new moderators to mitigate spam. Crackspamming or responding to any is a bannable offense.
[316 / 23 / ?]

WotC's Forgotten Realms: An Abridged History?

No.62816931 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
We all know that WotC has changed the Forgotten Realms a lot over the three editions since TSR went under. But, what exactly has changed between 3rd to 4th to 5th editions? I want to try and put together a list, and I figured /tg/ was the place to ask. Please, let's leave the edition-warring out of it, okay? I just care about what changed, I don't care about whether you thought it was good or not.

For example: Visionary orc warlord Obould Many-Arrows begins establishing the orcish nation of Many-Arrows in 3e, it has been around and acknowledged as a sovereign nation for 100-200 years in 4e, and it is unceremoniously destroyed by the dwarves after the Sundering in 5e.