2019-01-14: Both newly scraped images and full images are available again after making a deal with Cloudflare to disable caching. This gives us time to research alternative methods of serving full images. Donations would still help in case of image storage failure and we still need a new scraper.
The server is stable, but the scraper is at its final limits due to crippling resource use and cloudflare limits, so /gif/ and /wsg/ images are paused. Let's solve this: help build a new scraper. More details here.
Ghostposting is under extreme vetting by new moderators to mitigate spam. Crackspamming or responding to any is a bannable offense.
[38 / 4 / ?]

No.63997340 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
How do you justify the use of scientific or otherwise culturally-focused names in fantasy settings. The minotaur for example is linked to the king Minos, which of course wouldn't exist in a fantasy world probably.

For example I use prehistoric animals a lot, but there wasn't a Greece or Rome in my fantasy world so I need to explain why they are named the way they are. So I have decided that the creatures are named after the explorer who discovered them. Pic related was first encountered by the late Pericon Dunkleosteus, a diver/pioneer of some renown. The Tyrannosaurus was introduced to the civilized world by the emperor Joznan Tyrannosaur (saur being a common last name suffix in many nations), who was the first mortal to use one as a mount (which is why the full name of the beast is Tyrannosaurus Rex, as it is the steed of kings).