I maintain that this is the pitch with the most potential. It just needs to hit a few important notes:
1. have rules and be consistent. this is the most important point, but there's not much else to say about it.
2. our two main characters (discounting the worm for now) both come from entirely different backgrounds, there needs to be moments where both teach each other. I don't mean basic shit like etiquette or such, I mean perspectives on life and choices. have them embody the different worlds they come from, be it the spiritual and peaceful scope of nature or the cynical and hostile life of the modern world.
3. make sure crabapple and the worm have an entertaining dynamic when Red isn't around.
4. this isn't specific to the show and is admittedly more of a personal preference, but play with the cinematography a little. it can lend the show an identity.
5. delve into the cyclical nature of life in this universe. tie it into the rest of the universe. maybe it's a fit for a simpler society built around living in harmony with the natural balance and fleeting nature of...nature. but on the other hand, it might cause problems in a more advanced society where actions are a lot more permanent. (this is all assuming the self is preserved between cycles)
6. I'd give suggestions about the Dr. Cyanide and Honeycrisp but I know fuckall about them. so I dunno, just don't fuck up I guess.
7. lesbians (MANDATORY)