Updated AR500 Copypasta.
1. AR500 armor is the only manufacturer to ever undergo a CPSC recall. This is because their QC sucks, and they sold plates that are perforated by M80.https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2016/AR500-Armor-Recalls-Level-III-Body-Armor/
2. There are more accounts of AR500 Armor's plates being penetrated by M80 ball.https://i2.yuki.la/a/a8/c1864afa2a3df517b5557be64857155fbda4ecc34cd8f6b0b0adf49a57781a8a.jpg
Another one: https://i.imgur.com/5avoMs9.jpghttps://twitter.com/Xaniken/status/1303417644624867331
3. Many if not most of AR500 Armor's YouTube tests are done by paid associates.https://www.avantlink.com/programs/15253/ar500-armor-affiliate-program
4. Steel is reliably perforated by lead-core 5.56mm rounds from 16" barrels.
Steel performs better against M855, but M855 is the much less common domestic threat. In fact, M193 and similar lead-cored 5.56mm rounds are THE MOST COMMON domestic threats.
5. In head-to-head comparison videos, Chinese Mystery Steel from wish.com
BTFO AR500 Armor's scrap alloy plate.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZZ0fha0x-w
6. Frag from steel armor plates is a real problem. Even if your shit AR500 plate stops an incoming round, you might still end up dead via frag to neck.https://www.bitchute.com/video/5AqPvyb5Duo/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An6aM8zL-U8
7. They spend >$30,000/month in advertising. Certifying a plate costs way less than that. They're not certifying their plates not because they can't afford it, but because they don't want to do the QC that the NIJ makes manufacturers commit to.
8. AR500 are fond of taking money and not shipping product. They've had dozens of BBB complaints just over the past few months.
9. Their plate carriers are bad quality at Crye prices. Sometimes AR500 plate carriers are Condor-tier.
10. Check their independent testing. Many of those tests are several years old and many of those plates are much heavier than advertised.
Never buy AR500's stuff.