Migration complete - new scraper is in use and public backups will be made soon. RebeccaBlackTech merged into Desuarchive (details).
Donations to the archive would be appreciated to help fund our server hardware & storage drives. We are looking for developers to help build new software and archives, discuss here.
[186 / 26 / 49]

Lovecraftian Game

No.79208382 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
A week or two, I created a thread about eldritch beings, and the responses helped me implement them correctly. Now, I come to ask you a different question: should combat be the main appeal or should investigation and mystery be the appeal? I was thinking of going the same route as Darkest Dungeon, but with a twist being that it’s more heavily focus on investigation and mystery. Put emphasis on preventing the awakening of ancient ones not combating them. Combat is still going to be a thing for encounters with cultists and those under the influence of the ancient ones or dismembered limbs of eldritch beings but it’s not going to be the forefront of things.

Is that how I should run my game, or is it too complex and would bore the players?