You'll be fine. It's not that hard.
- Make sure you know where your run button is. You are forced to use it after a while.
- There are many ways to discover when you need to use a tool to destroy a block. Regular bombs will reveal almost everything but have a small range. The x-ray visor has a bigger range, but its not guaranteed you'll find it. The power bombs will reveal a huge radius and are mandatory but they are limited use (but they drop from kills so nbd).
- In general, once you get the power bombs, use them on anything that looks even a little suspicious. Before you get the power bombs you can muddle through without finding many secrets.
- However there are a few places where you need to be observant, at least. Pay attention to the tiles. If one of the tiles looks a little out of place, try bombing or walking through it.
- The early part of the game doesn't let you fully explore areas. You will be shunted off every now and then with no way to get back to previous areas. Just go with the flow.
- At one point you will have to run through an area that causes your health to drain. Just try to get through it quickly.
- The map shows secrets. A circle on the map means there is a pickup in that area. A dot on the map means you've collected the secret. You can also reach every border of a map, so if the map doesn't show a border then there is something else there.
- If you are clever you can figure out some advanced movement tech like infinite bomb jumping or wall jumping, but the game never requires you to use these to progress.