I'm about to start a new chapter to an ongoing WHFRPG campaign (4th edition).
I checked the wiki articlehttps://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Araby
But I'm looking for additional ideas if anyone here played something similar or researched stuff related.
For now, I have the following themes/ideas to implement:
- remnants of Nehekharan empire
- slave trade
- high elf commerce, but wholly uninterested in human affairs.
- Bretonnian Crusaders
- assassin guilds - maybe even Skaven/Clan Eshin influence
- Djinns, following real history/mythology about them being semi spiritual entities, neither strictly good or evil.
- Cult of "the One" (not-Allah). Maybe being Asuryan into another guise, still identified as "the creator"; presenting itself to humans; worship of fire.
Up to now, we've been relatively low magic. There were a few spellcasters and magical elements up to now but there was a bigger play on supersititions, intrigue and somewhat realistic military endeavours.
Any suggestions or references I should look into?